Thank you to everyone who joined us on Saturday, February 22nd at Pioneer Memorial Church (1974 King St E) for our 5th annual Seedy Event!
“The spirit is amazing – the connections for seeds and info is excellent” – Seedy Saturday 2014 participant
We had about 500 people join us to:
- Exchange seeds (thousands of seeds were swapped)
- Attend the workshops (about 100 people learned something new)
- Take part in the penny raffle (with 22 prizes)
- Visit the 21 vendors and exhibitors
- Ask our experts questions, ranging from seed saving to bee friendly plants
- Play in the kids area and plant their own seeds
- Make donations for next year’s event (we raised over $1400!)
- Guess how many popcorn kernels were in the 2L Mason Jar (the answer was 10,518 kernels!)
Thank you our amazing volunteers
Seedy Saturday had 24 volunteers put in more than 110 hours to help make the event a success. They did all kinds of jobs including keeping the seed swap organized, helping vendors and exhibitors with their displays, giving people directions and folding extra seed envelopes.
Thank you to our sponsors and funders
Each year we are lucky to have so many different organizations, businesses and people support Seedy Saturday. Thank you to everyone who supported this year’s event:
The Cottage Gardener • Seeds of Diversity • Tree and Twig Heirloom Vegetable Farm • Your Private Gardener • Matchbox Garden & Seedy Company • JayDancin • The Plant Lady • A New Leaf Farm • Hawthorn Seeds • Red Hill Coffee • Hamilton Sustainable Victory Gardens • Bike Locke • Textures Craftworks • Democracy • Earth to Table Bread Bar • Hamilton Farmer’s Market • Sprout Camp • Josh Gordon Creative • Monica La Vella and Cold Rock Events
Value of In-Kind Donations (raffle prizes, services, etc): Over $1500!
We can’t say thank you enough to everyone who helps makes our Seedy events happen! We hope to see you at Seedy Saturday/Sunday 2015!